Support Worker - £9.04 - £9.57 per hour*
Would you like to be part of a specialist Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) Ward? This unit is a 12 bedded female patients with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. It is a therapeutic ward that is modelled using the principles of DBT.
The Support Worker roles on this unit will be immensely rewarding and enjoyable and as part of this role you will receive specialist training in DBT and to qualify as unit coaches. This is an ideal opportunity for either a) post graduates looking to get more therapeutic experience to enter the field of psychology or b) anyone with an interest in working with patients using a structured therapeutic approach who already has experience working in the mental health sector.
These posts offer variety including coaching patients between therapy sessions, assisting in therapy groups, contributing to support plans, as well as fun tasks such as playing football or even the Xbox!
As a Support Worker on our DBT Unit, you will work an average of 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis to include both day and night shifts. You will work an average of three to four 12.5 hour shifts per week. Part time and Bank roles may also be considered.
We provide an excellent induction and a sector leading training program as well as supporting you through your QCF in Health and Social Care. Care experience isn’t always essential but a passion for enabling people to live fun and fulfilled lives is.
Why join us at Lakeside:
• Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
• Free Transport – free bus service to and from Bedford Daily
• DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
• Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
• Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
• Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
• Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
• Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
• Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
• Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
• Refreshments - free drinks and meals on shift
• Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Apply today to find out more!
*this rate is the average rate based on a full time Support Worker working 2 weekends per month which attract an enhanced rate per hour