Support Worker/ Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Assistant - Lakeside
Support Worker - £9.08 - £9.57 per hour* + £200 welcome bonus
Would you like to be part of a specialist Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) Ward? This unit is a 12 bedded female patients with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. It is a therapeutic ward that is modelled using the principles of DBT.
The Support Worker roles on this unit will be immensely rewarding and enjoyable and as part of this role you will receive specialist training in DBT and to qualify as unit coaches. This is an ideal opportunity for either a) post graduates looking to get more therapeutic experience to enter the field of psychology or b) anyone with an interest in working with patients using a structured therapeutic approach who already has experience working in the mental health sector.
These posts offer a variety of experience including coaching patients between therapy sessions, assisting in therapy groups, contributing to support plans and a structured/containing environment. As well as tasks such as budgeting, shopping, fun days out, assisting the person to maintain relationships with family and friends and be active in their community.
We provide an excellent induction and a sector leading training programme as well as supporting you through your QCF in Health and Social Care. Care experience isn’t always essential but a passion for enabling people to live fun and fulfilled lives is.
Apply now or get in touch to find out more.
Why join us:
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction- We pay for you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
- *Welcome bonus to be paid in stages. £100 on passing induction training, £100 to be paid on successfully passing company probation.
- *The pay rate is the average rate based on a full time Support Worker working 2 weekends per month which attract an enhanced rate per hour
Apply now and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the role further.
No agencies please
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18