Support Services Manager - Lakeside
Support Services Manager - Salary £32,000 to £40,000 dependent upon experience – Wyboston, Bedfordshire - 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Services Manager at Lakeside Hospital, a specialist therapeutic complex care service for adults with a wide range of autism and mental health needs.
Forming part of the Senior Management Team at Lakeside, you will manage and hold responsibility for the maintenance, catering and housekeeping teams within the hospital and ensure that the site remains safe and fit for purpose.
Reporting to the Hospital Director, you will also be the Health & Safety Lead for the service and will need a H&S qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) or similar experience.
To be successful, you will have previous service management experience and knowledge of the various support department agendas in order to understand contracted maintenance. You will also have people management experience and will be an efficient organiser who is capable of small project management.
Please note – you will be required to work on call one week in every five on a rota basis.
The Support Services Manager will:
- Manage and develop our support services, ensuring that the highest quality is provided within budget
- Manage the maintenance of all the Hospital’s assets including the buildings and vehicles within the Capital Expenditure Budget
- Assist the Hospital Director and Regional Finance Manager to identify operational and capital budgetary needs and compose proposals which will form part of the budgetary planning
- Ensure that spends are within an agreed budget, as well as identifying and flagging any potential overspends on a weekly basis
- Coordinate Health & Safety, particularly Infection Control, for the hospital and providing clear reports back to senior management
- Maintain health and safety documentation, requesting assistance from external contractors as appropriate and carry out checks in line with Accomplish Health & Safety policies and Lead
- Manage the activities of any contractors onsite to ensure that all jobs are completed in a timely manner and within budget
Why join us as Support Services Manager:
- Salary - £32,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience
- Annual Leave - 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to develop your professional skills and qualifications
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Cycle to work scheme – a great way to keep fit!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Apply now or get in touch on 0300 124 0117 to find out more - No agencies please