Speech and Language Therapist
We are currently looking for a qualified Speech & Language Therapist with a real passion for mental healthcare and learning disabilities to cover our Residential services based around the Bedfordshire area and our locked rehabilitation hospital in Wyboston.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the assessment and management of a caseload of service users who have a variety of complex speech, language, and communication needs. The client group includes adults in a locked rehabilitation and residential setting, with a diagnosis of one or more of the following:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental health conditions
The successful candidate will:
- Complete comprehensive assessments of individual’s communication strengths and needs using relevant standardised and non-standardised assessment tools
- Contribute to service user’s formulations and diagnoses and work closely with the service user and their treatment team to devise a care pathway.
- Provide direct individual and group interventions to achieve therapeutic goals.
- Implement augmentative communication strategies as appropriate, e.g. signs, symbols and communication aids.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of training and model recommended strategies to the clinical team.
- Assist in the supervision of Speech & Language Therapy Assistants within the service
- Practice in line with Communicating Quality 2 (RCSLT) Guidelines, HCPC standards and standards set by the team.
- A degree in Speech and Language Therapy and HCPC registration are essential
- The role will include travel around the Bedfordshire area into North London, therefore a full UK driving licence and transport is essential
- A competitive salary up to £35,000 depending upon experience
- Recommend a friend scheme – earn up to £1,000 for recommending a friend to join us
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
Accomplish is an equal opportunities employer
About the Company
For more information about accomplish, please visit http://accomplish-group.co.uk