Speech & Language Therapist - Lakeside
Up to £35,000 – Speech & Language Therapist – 37.5hrs a week
We are currently looking for a qualified Speech & Language Therapist with a real passion for mental healthcare and learning disabilities to cover our Therapeutic Services team at our locked rehabilitation hospital in Wyboston. The team is made up of Psychologists, OTs, SALTs, Therapy Assistants and Recovery Workers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the assessment and management of a caseload of service users who have a variety of complex speech, language, and communication needs. The client group includes adults in a locked rehabilitation and residential setting, with a diagnosis of one or more of the following:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental health conditions
The successful candidate will:
- Complete comprehensive assessments of individual’s communication strengths and needs using relevant standardised and non-standardised assessment tools
- Contribute to service user’s formulations and diagnoses and work closely with the service user and their treatment team to devise a care pathway.
- Provide direct individual and group interventions to achieve therapeutic goals.
- Implement augmentative communication strategies as appropriate, e.g. signs, symbols and communication aids.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of training and model recommended strategies to the clinical team.
- Assist in the supervision of Speech & Language Therapy Assistants within the service
- Practice in line with Communicating Quality 2 (RCSLT) Guidelines, HCPC standards and standards set by the team.
- A degree in Speech and Language Therapy and HCPC registration are essential
- A competitive salary up to £35,000 depending upon experience
- Recommend a friend scheme – earn up to £1,000 for recommending a friend to join us
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18