Senior Support Worker - NAPPI Training Lead
Senior Support Worker (NAPPI Training Lead) - £10.16 to £12.18* per hour plus £200 welcome bonus**– full time 37.5 hours, part time can also be considered - Wyboston, Bedfordshire
Free Transport – bus service to and from Bedford daily
We are urgently seeking a confident and enthusiastic Senior Support Worker to deliver key NAPPI training to new starters at Lakeside Hospital. You will receive enhanced training to prepare you to deliver this training in regular sessions that you will run when required.
You will be eligible for a further £2000 annual uplift in your pay*** as the expectation will be that you will carry out the training in your contracted hours when required as well as generally acting as a mentor to other staff throughout the hospital.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Support Worker with a QCF Level 3 to develop their skills and become an instrumental part of training delivery.
At our award-winning inpatient setting, each of our units support adults who may be diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions including Asperger Syndrome, Mental Health needs such as Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar Disorder, Personality Disorder or Depression and Learning Difficulties.
As a Senior Healthcare Assistant, you will work an average of 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis to include both day and night shifts. You will work an average of three to four 12.5 hour shifts per week. Part time and Bank roles may also be considered.
Why join us at Lakeside:
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Free Transport – free bus service to and from Bedford Daily
- Overtime – regular overtime is available at an enhanced hourly rate
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Cycle to Work Scheme – a healthy way to travel to work
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Accomplish Stars – All of our employees are stars in our eyes and do some amazing things each and every day. Our employees can be awarded with an Accomplish Star and each month, a star is rewarded with a fantastic prize
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Refreshments - free drinks and meals on shift
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Apply now and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the role further. No agencies please
*this pay scale is based on pre- and post-probation rates plus weekend enhancements
**Welcome bonus to be paid in 2 stages. £100 upon passing induction training and a further £100 to be paid on successfully passing company probation.
*** based on a full-time contract, part time will be pro rata
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18