Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker - The Chantry
Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker - £11.00 per hour – We are urgently seeking full time (42 hours per week) superhero to join our team in The Chantry, Leicester
The Chantry were recent finalists in the East Midlands Great British Care Awards for The Care Home Team Award. A true demonstration of what a fantastic service it is to work at.
Are you an experienced Care Assistant / Support Worker with an NVQ / QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care? Do you have the enthusiasm and commitment to live our company values every day to ensure we move mountains to support people to live happy and healthy lives? If so, you could be our next Superhero!
To join our team of super Care / Support Staff you don’t need to have superhuman strength or be able to fly. What you do need is the enthusiasm and commitment to live our company values every day to ensure we move mountains to support people to live happy and healthy lives.
Senior Support Worker - Skill Based Competencies:
- Ability to lead the staff team in the absence of the Registered Manager and Deputy Home Manager and to act on their behalf.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of accomplish’s Mission, Key Business Priorities and Values and work to uphold these at all times.
- Demonstrate good time management and organisational skills.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff working within the service on both an informal and formal basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist the Registered Manager in the overall management and development of the staff team, e.g. Supervision sessions, Return to Work, Interviews, recruitment etc.
- Take part in senior staff and full staff meetings and to chair those meetings when appropriate.
- Ability to deliver various training packages and to support staff through relevant training booklets as required e.g. medication administration.
- Have a working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to ensure that all staff are familiar with company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate an ability to assist the Manager in the development and application of a quality management approach in the service.
- Ability to ensure that the people supported at the service are being enabled to develop to their full potential through the provision of an effective individualised care planning system, thus, along with other senior staff, having responsibility to ensure that goals are appropriate to the needs of the people we support, expressed behaviourally and up to date
- Ability to play an active role in the delivery of training packages and to support junior staff through Training Booklets when required.
- Ability to play an active part, along with other senior staff, in the promotion of the service’s aims in the community and the maintenance of positive community relations.
- Ability to main a professional approach towards other staff at all levels, people we support, visitors, families and professionals.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively maintain the petty cash systems including the input of data on excel spreadsheets.
- Willingness to work towards the next competency.
Freedom Care (now part of accomplish) is a local company established for over 16 years. We have several homes around the East Midlands providing high quality care and support for people with a range of needs but in particular Autistic Spectrum conditions. Some of the people we support have complex and challenging behaviour
In 2015, The Chantry won the Pinders Design Renovation Award. We are also keen on using Assistive Technology where possible to ensure the safety of the Service Users and staff.
At The Chantry we support people to develop coping techniques, which makes a noticeable difference to their everyday lives.
We understand the importance of providing person-centred support that enables independence and meets each individual’s specific needs. Through our outcomes focused approach, we support people to maintain choice and control of their own lives.
We provide 24-hour support in a homely environment for up to 13 adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs.
Why join us:
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18
Apply now or get in touch on 0300 124 0117 to find out more - No agencies please
Please note that From 11 November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a residential care home setting in England will need to be fully vaccinated (2 doses), unless they are exempt under the regulations. If you are not vaccinated, medically exempt or do not wish to receive the vaccine, please discuss this with the recruitment team at the point of application.
About the Company
For more information about accomplish, please visit http://accomplish-group.co.uk
To see what the people we support and their families think of our homes please see our reviews on CareHome.co.uk: https://www.carehome.co.uk/care_search_results.cfm/searchgroup/36155025TRAA