Senior Care Assistant / Senior Support Worker - Gloucester SL
Senior Care Assistant / Support Worker - £9.20 per hour – We are urgently seeking a full time (35 hours per week) superhero to join our team in Gloucester Supported Living
Are you an experienced Care Assistant / Support Worker with an NVQ / QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care? Do you have the enthusiasm and commitment to live our company values every day to ensure we move mountains to support people to live happy and healthy lives? If so, you could be our next Superhero!
Our specialist supported living and outreach services in Gloucester provide support for individuals with Acquired Brain Injuries, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Needs.
We understand the importance of providing person-centred support which enables independence and meets individual’s needs. Through our outcome focused approach, we support people to maintain choice and control of their own lives.
We meet with each person referred and their family so that we can develop a strong understanding of their life story, any support or communication needs and their personal aspirations. We work in partnership with Local Health Professionals such as social workers, community nurses, and specialists such as Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists.
Our supported living service provides bespoke packages of up to 24-hour support, including overnight support when needed. This can be provided within the family home or a persons own supported tenancy.
To join our team of super Care / Support Staff you don’t need to have superhuman strength or be able to fly. What you do need is the enthusiasm and commitment to live our company values every day to ensure we move mountains to support people to live happy and healthy lives.
Our Senior Support Workers:
- Make every day amazing– we love to see the people we support smile, we do all we can to help the people we support get the most out of everyday
- Celebrate Uniqueness– everyone is different, we want to you find the way to get the best out of all the people we support and promote each individuals independence, choice, dignity and privacy while putting a smile on their face
- Fun– while the day to day things need to be done including (but not limited to) help with personal care, budgeting, shopping, cleaning, cooking, laundry and assistance with medication find a fun way of supporting with them, the more fun you can fit in to the day the better your day will be!
- Be Brave– We encourage our staff teams to be creative and innovative in the way things are done. If you think there is a better way to do things, tell us
- Quality– We lead the sector on quality from the support we provide to the people we support to the training we provide to our staff. We provide an excellent induction and a sector leading training programme as well as supporting you through your QCF in Health and Social Care
- Move Mountains– We do not shy away from a challenge. We work with families, medical staff and stakeholders to help the people we support achieve their dreams
Why join us:
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18
Apply now or get in touch on 0300 124 0117 to find out more - No agencies please
About the Company
For more information about accomplish, please visit http://accomplish-group.co.uk
To see what the people we support and their families think of our homes please see our reviews on CareHome.co.uk: https://www.carehome.co.uk/care_search_results.cfm/searchgroup/36155025TRAA