Multi Skilled Tradesman - Maintenance - Lakeside
Multi skilled Tradesperson - Maintenance Technician
Lakeside, Wyboston. £26,000 pa + on call pay rates, 40 hours per week 8am – 4pm
We are currently looking for an experienced multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to join our team at Lakeside, our 55 bed award winning inpatient setting for adults with Autism, Mental Health needs and Learning Disabilities in Wyboston, Bedford.
Reporting to the Head of Maintenance at Lakeside and The Estates Director, the day to day duties will include Plumbing, Carpentry, General Maintenance and Painting across the site, completing all tasks in a reactive yet professional manner.
This is a full time position, Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm (40 hours per week) plus there is a requirement to be part of the ‘on call’ maintenance team rota providing out of hours coverage. Due to this aspect of the role, there is a requirement that relatively local to the hospital to ensure that you can be on site in a timely manner in an emergency.
The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience of a multi-skilled trade background (including plumbing) , knowledge of reactive maintenance and minor building works, ideally within a care setting however, this is not essential.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and a full UK driving license is essential
Why Join Us:
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists