Management Accountant – 12 moth fixed term maternity contract - Rubery, Birmingham, Competitive Salary
At accomplish we specialise in outcome focused support for people with Mental Health Needs, Learning Disabilities, Autism and Acquired Brain Injuries. Not just limited to the day-to-day, we like to move mountains for the people we support and ensure they live the lives they want to. We are a VC backed business with strong aspirations for growth through business acquisition and new build developments.
We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to act as maternity cover on a fixed term 12 month contract. The candidate will join our busy Finance Team – to help with supporting the business with all things finance.
The role will be predominantly based at our Rubery Support Centre with occasional UK travel to our services depending upon the needs of the business. During COVID-19 restrictions the role will predominantly require home working with occasion days in the office.
As Management Accountant your role will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of month end management accounts, including:
- Responsibility for revenue accounting – ensuring revenue is complete and accurate and reporting of average weekly fee KPI data;
- Reviewing service P&L cost lines – preparing prepayments and accruals as required;
- Reviewing P&L performance – explaining key variances, identifying trends and opportunities for profit improvement;
- Balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assisting with the annual budget and periodic re-forecasting;
- Assisting with year end audit process and dealing with audit queries;
- Assisting with ad hoc system and process improvement projects;
- Providing ad hoc information to business partners giving insight and guidance on EBITDA improvement opportunities;
- Liaising with the Transaction Support Team ensuring the timely and accurate posting of funding authority billing;
- Liaising with the operational management team as required; and
- Ensuring the business adheres to the required processes and controls.
We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant who has:
- Ideally qualified but certainly part qualified with a recognised accounting body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Previous experience within a similar role;
- Excellent communication, organisation and project management skills;
- Understanding and commitment to our values, standards, policies, procedures, processes and practices;
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst being organised and self-motivated;
- Experience of working in a growing multi-sited business;
- Strong interpersonal skills – confident in liaising with financial and non-financial colleagues;
- A strong “can do” attitude – willing and able to turn their hand to issues as they arise;
- Experience and knowledge of the health and social care sector (preferable but not essential); and
- A Clean, full driving licence.
When joining accomplish, you will benefit from:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension – 3% contribution under the workplace pension scheme
- Annual leave - 25 holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme – and get fit in the process!
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn up to £1,000 for referring a new member of staff
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Apply now or get in touch on 0300 124 0117 for more details – no agencies please
CLOSING DATE SUNDAY 18TH OCTOBER