Deputy Care Home Manager - Howells Road
Deputy Care Home Manager - £10.80 per hour plus £500 welcome bonus – 35 hours per week - Dunvant, Swansea
Please note that due to current circumstances we are offering video or telephone interviews - please ensure you include a mobile telephone number within your application.
There has never been a better time to join adult Social Care than right now!
Howells Road is a detached bungalow which supports two people within a homely and therapeutic environment. The home comprises of an enclosed rear garden, two en-suite bedrooms/one of which is a wet room and a communal lounge and kitchen which has undergone a complete refurbishment.
The service is within easy access to the M4 and Swansea City centre. A retail shopping park is just 10 minutes away and the local village of Killay is only 10-minute walk.
At Howells Road we will strive to offer individualised and person centred care which will enable all people who reside here to enhance and develop new skills of daily living which provides the opportunity to live as independently as possible.
We are looking for a Deputy Manger who has:
- Broad experience of managing people, service and quality
- Must have NVQ / QCF in Health and Social Care Level 3 or above and be willing to work towards Level 4
- A high level of personal integrity towards providing a high standard of service
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good awareness of CQC legislation, updates, changes and best practice
- A good understanding of commercial principles and practices
We need a Deputy Manager who can live our values:
- Make every day amazing – we love to see the people we support smile, we do all we can to help the people we support get the most out of everyday
- Celebrate Uniqueness – everyone is different, we want to you find the way to get the best out of our staff and the people we support, promoting each individuals independence, choice, dignity and privacy while putting a smile on their face
- Fun – while the day to day things need to be done we support our staff in finding fun of getting them done, we want our homes to be happy and fun places to live and work
- Be Brave – We encourage our staff teams to be creative and innovative in the way things are done. We want our Managers to listen to their staff and share ideas.
- Quality – We lead the sector on quality from the support we provide to the people we support to the training we provide to our staff. We provide an excellent induction and a sector leading training programme as well as an in house Aspiring Area Operations Manager opportunities to get you ready for the next step in your career.
- Move Mountains – We do not shy away from a challenge. We work with families, medical staff and stakeholders to help the people we support achieve their dreams and support our staff to progress in their career, we have an excellent record of internal promotions
Why join us as a Deputy Manager:
- Salary - up to £10.80 per hour
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Apply now or get in touch to find out more - no agencies please
*Welcome bonus scheme - payable in 2 payments of 50% in month one and 50% paid upon successful completion of a satisfactory 6 months probationary period providing the employee is still employed, hasn’t resigned and is not working their notice. This scheme is eligible to all applicants applying for a role before 31st December 2021. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this scheme at any time