Cook/Chef – 40 hours per week – £20,488 per annum (£9.85 per hour)
Closing date 9th February 2020
Are you an experienced chef/cook with a passion for preparing delicious home cooked meals from scratch but tired of the unsociable hours?
Would you like to be part of our award winning inpatient setting that supports adults with Autism, Mental Health needs and Learning Disabilities at Lakeside in Wyboston, Bedford on the St Neots/Cambridgeshire border?
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced cook to join our catering team that has a passion for preparing and delivering high quality home cooked meals taking specific dietary requirements and preference into consideration within our service. The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week, on a flexible 5 day out of 7 rota between the hours of 9am and 6:30pm including one weekend in two.
At Lakeside, each of our units support adults who may be diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions including Asperger Syndrome, Mental Health needs such as Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar Disorder, Personality Disorder or Depression and Learning Difficulties.
As a Cook/Chef at Lakeside, the successful applicant will;
- Prepare and cook balanced, varied and nutritious meals as part of a team for 33 patients plus staff
- Ensure all catering facilities are maintained as a clean and hygienic environment
- Working with the Chef Manager, monitor stock levels, ensuring that stock is regularly rotated and maintained.
- Alongside the Chef Manager, control and monitor allocated budgets
- Implement and maintain an effective cleaning schedule
- Ensure temperature testing of foods and storage areas are carried out as required and accurate records are maintained
The ideal candidate will be;
- An experienced cook/chef with demonstrable experience of preparing and cooking home cook food from fresh ingredients
- Organised and efficient with an ability to work as part of a team to meet daily meal times
- A confident communicator that is a team player
- Smart and presentable
When working at Lakeside, you will benefit from;
- Competitive Salary – equivalent to £20,488 per annum
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Previous experience in a similar role is essential
Apply today to find out more