Cook - Cedar House
Cook to join our team in Brynoch, Neath - £8.72 per hour – Full Time hours are 35 hours per week across a seven day flexible rota
We are looking for an experienced cook to join our team at Cedar House cooking 40/50 meals per day and catering for any special dietary requirements or preferences, promoting choice, dignity and respect. Experience of cooking pureed meals and for people with issues swallowing would be an advantage.
Cedar House supports up to 14 adults with Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Acquired Brain Injuries, as well as support with everyday living skills like shopping, cleaning and cooking our staff support people to have fun and make every day the best it can be for each person.
So are you ready to join a team who set the standard to make every day amazing, if so then you could be our next Superhero!
- Creating menus with the people we support and preparing meals. You will get to know everybody and respond to any special dietary requirements or preferences, promoting choice, dignity and respect.
- Managing the kitchen supplies, you will also be responsible for checking and maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Ordering food supplies and managing a budget.
- You will complete all necessary paperwork such as COSHH, HACPP, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Occasionally, you will help cater for ad hoc special events. Celebrations, summer BBQ’s and Christmas parties.
- To be cooking 40/50 meals per day.
The successful candidate will need:
- Food Hygiene Certificate and have experience working in a fresh food kitchen, you always strive for the highest standard catering
- Experience of cooking pureed meals and for people with issues swallowing would be an advantage
- Knowledge of specific dietary requirements is required such as Diabetic, low cholesterol and healthy eating plans
- Passion for food and understand the importance of good quality, home cooking for the people we support
Why join us:
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and annual renewal
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction- We pay for you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18
Apply now or get in touch to find out more.
About the Company
For more information about accomplish, please visit http://accomplish-group.co.uk
To see what the people we support and their families think of our homes please see our reviews on CareHome.co.uk: https://www.carehome.co.uk/care_search_results.cfm/searchgroup/36155025TRAA