Consultant Psychiatrist– Lakeside – Salary £140K plus– Full time 40 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the medical team at Lakeside and help shape the future of the service.
Part of the accomplish Group, Lakeside is a locked rehabilitation hospital at Wyboston, Bedfordshire. It mostly caters for adults with Autism Spectrum Conditions, Intellectual Disability and other complex mental health needs. Lakeside is currently undergoing a service reconfiguration and developments and now provides generic mental health services and has in recent years opened a DBT service
The post is suitable for a CCT holder in General Adult Psychiatry or Psychiatry of Intellectual Disability with experience in General Adult Psychiatry.
It is a Consultant led service and the post-holder will be responsible for the care of patients on the female units including the DBT unit. The units are small i.e 6-8 beds per unit with a maximum combined caseload of 18 patients for the post holder. There is potential for flexibility in the nature of caseload and units covered.
Supported by a Multi-Disciplinary Team including Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Nursing staff, Occupational Therapists and Art Therapist, the Consultant will be expected to participate in Clinical Governance and CPD activities within the organisation.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist at Lakeside, you will be required to:
- Deliver a provision of a Specialist Psychiatric Service to adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Intellectual Disability as well as mental health issues within Lakeside
- Hold responsibilities under the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act as appropriate.
- Support and developing high quality reputation based links with external professional bodies, commissioners and regulators
- Contribute to the organisation, planning and development of new services within the organisation.
- Compile Mental Health Act reports and related works, attending Management Meetings as and when required
- Participate in clinical audit and programme and other related outcome programmes.
- Participate in the internal teaching and training (CPD) programme to include the training of Nursing Staff, Support Workers and Junior Psychology Staff.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times and respect the dignity and confidentiality of our service users at all times
- Participate in a 1:5 On-call rota
When joining accomplish, you will benefit from:
- £140,000 per annum plus, depending on experience
- Annual leave - 33 days per year, inclusive of Bank Holidays
- DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and further renewals
- Pension Scheme
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Cycle to Work Scheme – a healthy way to travel to work
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s opening up further career opportunities
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction- We pay for you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Accomplish Stars – All of our employees are stars in our eyes and do some amazing things each and every day. Our employees can be awarded with an Accomplish Star and each month, a star is rewarded with a fantastic prize
- Discounts at Highstreet retailers, days out, gifts, holidays and even when buying a car – available via a Blue Light card that you will have access to as a Health and Social Care Employee
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS MIDNIGHT 25TH JUNE 2021
For further details and enquiries, please contact:
Dr Olufemi Oluwatayo, Medical Director